You know that scene in Home Alone where the McAllister parents wake up in a frenzy?
We've all been there. In this busy season of parties and trips, cookies and gifts, our list of things to do is pretty long. And that means that our list of things to forget to do is pretty long as well.
Got a party coming up but forgot to make a dish for it? No problem! This Halva recipe is an all natural candy that requires no baking, which can be perfect for a quick, easy-to-make treat for any holiday occasion...even the one that snuck up on you.
Healthy Holiday Halva
Here is what you need:
- 1 cup local, organic honey
- 2 cups raw tahini or sesame paste
- 1 cup sesame seeds (black and/or white)
Here is what you do:
- Begin by pouring sesame seeds in a small ball.
- In a medium to large ball combine honey and tahini together and stir well.
- Roll the mixture into small balls
- Roll in the sesame seeds until covered to yur preferred liking.
- Freeze if you plan to travel with them or simply refrigerate and enjoy.
Want to learn more about healthy recipe resources? Click here to schedule time with a Wellview dietitian. Or, email your question along with name and location to Concierge@wellviewhealth.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
Click HERE to learn more about the Wellview services available to you. We can’t wait to work with you!