Breakfast is considered the most important meal of the day for good reason. Starting your day off with a healthy, filling breakfast has tremendous benefits including but not limited to:
- Gives you energy to start your day
- Jumpstarts your metabolism
- Prevents you from overeating later in the day
- Helps stabilize Blood Sugar
- Lowers LDL (bad) cholesterol
Though eating your morning meal offers many positives attributes to get you going and remaining healthy, that does not make it any easier to grab a bite before running out the door on those hectic mornings. So to help you de-stress before the stress, I want to offer you a solution to your on-the-go lifestyle, and all it takes is a little planning!
Make Ahead Breakfast.
A Make Ahead Breakfast is exactly that. You make it ahead of time and have it prepared for those times that you really need it. This ensures you don’t miss out on those healthful breakfast benefits and you will never have to skip the most important meal of your day!
Here are a few ideas to get you started.
This has become a big fan-favorite of those seeking a nutritious yet low calorie breakfast on the go. Whip your eggs in a bowl. Grab a muffin pan and coat. Throw in your favorite vegetables, cheese and precooked meat. Bake. Bag each muffin individually and place in the fridge. Reheat in the morning, and it's smooth sailing for the rest of your day!My Favorite Egg Muffin RecipeIngredients
- 12 large eggs
- ¾ cup organic cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh organic spinach
- ½ cup chopped cooked organic turkey bacon
- 2 tbsp sage
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Crumbled feta cheese for serving
- Sliced avocado for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat 12 muffin pan with non-stick avocado spray.
- In large bowl whisk eggs, pepper, and sage. Stir in tomatoes, turkey and spinach.
- Divide mixture into muffin pan equally.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until egg is cooked.
- Let cool.
- Top with feta and avocado slices.
- Enjoy or divide into zip-lock bags for your weekly breakfast menu and refrigerate!
Another favorite of mine is the smoothie. You can literally make a smoothie however you want- fruits, vegetables, juices, milk, nut butters, seeds, protein powder...you name it! I do have to share a little trick I keep up my sleeve for those times when I have forgotten to make my smoothies in advance. I always keep some organic vegetable juice on hand. So when I am on a time crunch, I grab my shake cup, pour in my juice, throw in a scoop of protein powder and some chia seeds...and dash!Wellview Health “Green Monster” Breakfast SmoothieIngredients
- 1-2 cups of kale* or spinach
- 1 apple
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 Greek Yogurt (flavored or plain)
- 1 Tbsp Chia seed or ground flax ( for omega 3’s and fiber)
- Add water to get consistency you like and ice to make cold.
- 1Tbsp Benefiber fiber supplement (optional)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp turmeric (anti-inflammatory and immune building spice)
- ½ banana if you prefer it a little sweeter (or any other fruit you like)
- Place all the ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth.
- Place into pitcher and refrigerate.
- Keeps 48-72 hours.
Some of you may call this a Breakfast Burrito instead. Either way this is an oldie but goodie for me. Much like the previous two ideas, you can use just about any ingredient you desire. I have tried the traditional recipe with a whole grain tortilla, egg, sharp cheddar cheese, pepper and kale which is yummy in my tummy. If you like a little variety with your breakfast, perhaps you'll like my next recipe which is sure to keep you rockin’ and rollin’ in the mornings….GET IT?Fruit Roll-upIngredients
- 1 whole grain tortilla
- 2 tbsp Almond Butter (or other nut butter of choice)
- 2 Sliced Fresh Strawberries
- 1 Sliced Kiwi
- ½ tbsp Agave (optional to sweeten)
- Place your tortilla on a flat surface.
- Spread nut butter in the center of the tortilla in about a 2 inch thick line.
- Place sliced kiwi on top of the nut butter on one side and strawberries on the other.
- Dash with agave for sweetness.
- Rollup up the tortilla.
- Enjoy or store in a zip-lock bag for another morning!
I hope you enjoy these ideas! Don’t forget we know there are so many great solutions to our hectic morning routines, and we love to hear from you! Send us your breakfast ideas, pictures and recipes!We are also here to help! If you’re ready for support or want more easy on-the-go breakfast ideas, drop us an email or give us a call at 877-293-9355 ext. 0!