My 2 Favorite 8 minute Crock Pot Meals
With the new year, many of us have set goals to improve our nutrition. However, alongside the goals we set, we also find ourselves taking on new tasks that keep us uber busy. This can make it tricky to spend the necessary time on a delicious, healthy meal. But do not fret, because our favorite kitchen appliance is here to save our New Year’s Meal Plans.That’s righttttt- the Crock Pot, or as I like to call it, the one pot wonder! :)Just this past week, I tried out two-new balanced meals that I also found surprisingly yummy. For the Italian lovers, my newest pasta-free favorite is my Chicken-Parmesan with White Beans. I personally have never been a huge pasta fan, but I still desire to balance my meal with essential carbohydrates and fiber, which is why I chose to pair this dish with a delightful, light bean. Here’s how you can try making your own:
Chicken-Parmesan with White Beans: (serves about 4-6)
- 1 25oz can of Organic Pasta Sauce
- 1 15oz can of Organic White Navy Beans
- 2 large chicken Breast (aim for Organic or no hormones or antibiotics)
- Optional Vegetables: Organic Sweet Onion, diced; Black Olives, whole or sliced
- Optional Spices: Oregano, Basil, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Thyme, Sea Salt, Black Pepper, Fennel...
- 4oz of shredded Parmesan Cheese
Prep any necessary vegetables. Place your whole chicken breast inside the crock pot. Toss in Pasta Sauce and White Beans. Sprinkle in desired spices to taste. Stir contents of pot. Turn crock-pot on high and leave to cook for 5-8 hours. Check chicken occasionally to check tenderness of chicken and stir the pot. Once complete, pour desired amount into large bowl and sprinkle cheese onto. This dish pairs nicely with your favorite crackers as well. Enjoy!
Photo: Magical Slow Cooker
My other favorite is my similar to my old faithful, Chicken Vegetable Soup but instead I tested Turkey Vegetable Soup (with a little kick). This meal requires little to no preparation which is exactly why I love it for those days I am darting around. Here’s how you can do it yourself:
Turkey Vegetable Soup: (serves about 4)
- 1/2lb Ground Turkey (aim for Organic or no hormones or antibiotics)
- 2 cups Organic Turkey Bone Broth
- 10oz Frozen Organic Mixed Vegetables (corn, green beans, peas and carrots)
- 5oz Frozen Organic Broccoli
- 5oz Frozen or Fresh Organic Mushrooms, sliced
- Optional Spices: Cayenne pepper, Black Pepper, Sea Salt, Thyme Sage…
- Optional: Small Ginger Root
Place turkey, all vegetables and 2 cup broth in pot. Sprinkle in desired spices to taste. Place small Ginger root in pot to cook. Stir contents of pot. Turn crock-pot on high and leave to cook for 5-8 hours. Check turkey doneness and stir the pot. Once complete, using tongs remove the ginger root. Now pour desired amount into large bowl to eat up! Try sprinkling a small amount of your favorite cheese or even adding a few slices of fresh avocado to the dish. To save some for later, simply pour the remaining soup into a freezer-safe container and enjoy next week.
Photo: Add a Pinch
I challenge you to make your own one-pot wonder at home and share it with me via email at email@example.com to be featured in one of my upcoming blogs.