In case you didn't know (and in that case, you're welcome for the reminder!), Valentine's Day is tomorrow. This means chocolates on chocolates on chocolates. Seeing how this could quickly get out of control, we decided to find a different spin on a V-Day treat and found this gem of a recipe from Nutrition Stripped. While you've probably had and loved chocolate mousse, we bet you've never had it like this. Hang with us as we show you the recipe for rich, creamy and decadent mousse made of dark chocolate and avocados.
Dark Chocolate Avocado Mousse
Recipe type: Dessert
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Source: McKel Hill, MS, RD, LDN
- 2 large avocado (or 4 small)
- ¼ cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk (adjust to your desired thickness)
- 2 tablespoons of raw organic cocoa powder
- ½ bar of your favorite high quality dark chocolate, melted
- 2-3 dates, pitted
- 1 tablespoon of coffee/espresso
- ½ teaspoon of organic vanilla extract
- GARNISH //
- 1 tablespoon of cacao nibs (optional topping)
- 1 tablespoon of shredded coconut (optional topping)
- fresh berries
- Melt the dark chocolate over a stovetop (or microwave safe bowl).
- Combine the melted chocolate sauce with the remaining ingredients in a blender or bowl.
- Combine all the ingredients using a high speed blender (or a hand mixer).
- Blend or mix until creamy and smooth.
- The texture will resemble a fluffy mousse.
- Spoon into a bowl or wine glass (for some flare) and garnish with toppings of your choice.
Lower Sugar: use Stevia to taste instead of adding datesHigher Protein: add chocolate protein powder of your choice- you'll have to adjust the almond milk (increase)