One-Ingredient Healthy BBQ Sauce
It's time for grillin' and chillin', and if your summer is anything like mine, you want to make sure that grill is loaded up with lots of veggies that can be used in recipes all week long. And, if a little BBQ is on your mind, it helps to have this recipe close by.
I love the flavor of BBQ sauce, but the sugar makes it a no-go for me. That is, until a friend told me that I could make a BBQ-worthy sauce with just one ingredient: balsamic vinegar. Now, if you are a true-blue BBQ devotee, this recipe will not impress you. But, if you want to add flavor and kick to your grilled veggies, chicken, and burgers without adding sugar and calories, grab a spoon. This recipe is so simple. It requires just three things: a pot, a cup of balsamic vinegar, and a spoon.
Source: Community Table
Here is how you make a balsamic reduction BBQ sauce:
- Pour one cup of your favorite balsamic vinegar into a small saucepan.
- Turn heat to medium high and bring vinegar to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce to simmer for about 10 minutes until vinegar has reduced down. Stir occasionally with a watchful eye. When it easily clings to the back of your spoon, it's done.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Either serve immediately or pour the sauce into an air-tight container and store in refrigerator.
- Use it on everything!