Do you remember when you were a kid (or perhaps an adult) at the fair or an amusement park on a hot, summer day? There was nothing quite as refreshing as a frozen lemonade.Yum. Those were the good ol’ days!Though this treat could have been the best part of one's childhood, it is typically laden with refined sugars that have no nutrient value. So I went in search of a healthy alternative and found one of my now-favorite summertime treats, and I want to share it with you!
Healthy Frozen Lemonade
Adopted from 40 ApronsIngredients
- 1/3 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice (feel free to use the pre-squeezed juice)
- 1/4 cup + 3 tbsp raw honey (or maple syrup for vegan)
- 1/2 cup almond yogurt (ex: Kite Hill)
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (just the solid white part of a can of coconut milk or coconut cream)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- In a blender, blend together all ingredients except for ice.
- If your liquid is warm at all, chill first before the next step.
- Right before serving: if your ice is not crushed, add it to your blender and pulse a few times until crushed and all big pieces are broken down.
- Add chilled lemon mixture and pulse until combined but frosty and smooth.
Beat the heat with this homemade frozen lemonade treat! Click HERE to learn more about the Wellview services available to you. We can’t wait to work with you!
– CASEY EDMONDS, CHC
Health Advisor | Email Casey