Spring has sprung and with it comes this light, colorful meal in a mason jar. Mason jars are a great tool to quickly and easily meal prep your on-the-go meals for the day. This mason jar meal highlights a mango-avocado salsa with a based of black beans and quinoa, making it filling and nutritious all the same!
Mango-Avacado Salsa | Mason Jar Salad
- 380 calories
- 67g carbohydrates
- 12g protein
- 10g fat
- 18g sugar
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- ¼ cup cooked blacked beans (or no sodium canned organic) Make sure to rinse the beans if you're choosing non-organic.
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt and black pepper
- ¾ cup chopped arugula
- ½ red bell pepper diced
- ½ fresh cubed mango
- ¼ avacado cubed
- ½ tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoon diced purple onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- Place cooked quinoa, beans lemon juice, salt and pepper in jar.
- Close the jar and shake the ingredients until mixed.
- Make the salsa by simply mixing all of the ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Layer Salsa on top of ingredients in mason jar until about ¾ of the way full.
- Top with arugula and red bell pepper.
- Enjoy or store in fridge for later.
Click HERE to learn more about the Wellview services available to you. We can’t wait to work with you!
– CASEY EDMONDS, CHC
Health Advisor | Email Casey