Power Up With Pad Thai
I’m not going to lie, this is not a quick recipe. But you know most great things do take time. It’s really the prep work that takes a little bit, but once you have everything ready to go, it’s a snap and the stir fry part moves quickly. Pad Thai is easy to create; anyone can make this. This recipe is adapted from the “Moosewood Restaurant Cooks at Home.” It’s for those times when you can’t make it to your favorite Vietnamese restaurant but you just have to have some Pad Thai. Go on an adventure and try it today!
Healthy Pad Thai
Ingredients (four servings)
- Rice Noodles (in the ethnic or Asian aisle of your grocery)
For the Sauce:
- 3 Tablespoons lime juice (fresh is best)
- 3 Tablespoons catsup
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy or fish sauce
For the stir fry:
- Vegetable oil for the pan, about 2-3 tablespoons (use your favorite oil)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 red pepper flakes
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- Chopped scallions or green onion
- First, boil the water and drop in the rice noodles. Read the instructions but note that rice noodles cook quickly, watch them and take them out when they are tender. Rinse in cool water and let them drain.
- Now it’s time to whip up the sauce.
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- Prepare the other ingredients and have them on standby.
Now let’s put it all together.
- Heat your oil in a wide skillet or a wok.
- Drop in the garlic and red pepper flakes for just a few seconds.
- Add the grated carrots and stir for about a minute.
- Make space in the center of the skillet and pour the beaten eggs in the center and quickly scramble them.
- Once they set, pour the sauce in and mix everything up.
- Add the rice noodles and toss it up.
- Next add the peanuts and the scallions.
Now sit down and enjoy. It’s best to eat this dish while it’s hot.
You could also add cooked chicken, or bean sprouts, tofu or shrimp. Here is a snapshot of the nutritional contents if you use chicken, for example:
The possibilities are endless. Remember, the journey is the destination!We are also here to help! If you’re ready for support or want more information on healthy eating, drop us an email or give us a call at 877-293-9355 ext. 0!