If you are in the South, then you know exactly what season it is….PEACH!
Growing up, my birthdays were always memorable thanks to my favorite fruit. My birthday is right in the middle of peach season and I grew up in South Carolina (we have delicious peaches just like our border state, Georgia). My mom would always make homemade peach ice cream for my birthday, and OH GOSH, how delicious it was! However, as I have aged, I have also become more and more health-conscious about my food choices. So, I asked my mom if she thought there is a healthier way to make my birthday treat without compromising the taste. Let me share with you the super easy, delicious, peachy treat that we now call my birthday treat!
Homemade Peaches and Cream Pops
Serving size: 1 pop | 65 calories | 10g carbs | 8g protein | 7g sugar | 0.2g fat
- 1.5 cups diced fresh peaches with skin
- 1.5 cups regular 2% Greek yogurt
- 1-2 tbsp vanilla extract
- Place peaches in blender and purée until smooth.
- Place yogurt in bowl and slowly mix in vanilla extract.
- Slowly pour purée into bowl with yogurt and stir together.
- Pour mixture into an ice pop mold
- Place popsicle stick in center and freeze overnight.
- Enjoy on a warm day!
Click HERE to learn more about the Wellview services available to you. We can’t wait to work with you!
– CASEY EDMONDS, CHC
Health Advisor | Email Casey