This post is for all you folks wondering what to do with your bounty of cucumbers and tomatoes that you planted in your garden and have now come to harvest. Or maybe you’re just looking for fun ways to eat more veggies. This “pickled” summer salad is a refreshing favorite and a staple in my fridge throughout the summer months. It makes a great accompaniment to a sandwich at lunch or can serve as a dinner side or hydrating snack after sweating it out outdoors.
Tomatoes and cucumbers are about 94% & 95% water, making them a great option in summer months, especially. Did you know that water-rich foods, in addition to drinking water, can help you stay hydrated? Dig in!
Pickled Summer Salad Recipe
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled and sliced, very thinly
- 1/4 white onion, sliced very thinly
- 2 tomatoes, halved and sliced thinly
- 2/3 cup red white vinegar
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 2 tsp oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 TBSP sugar
- Add all ingredients into an airtight container with a lid.
- Shake to mix.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or more for optimal flavor.
Click HERE to learn more about the Wellview services available to you. We can’t wait to work with you!