When asked how many seasons there are in a calendar year, most would answer that there are 4 seasons, but I would argue that there are five: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, and ... The Holiday Season!
This wonderful season runs from late November through January 1st, and those 5 or so weeks are filled with decking the halls, merry-making gatherings, jokes about wearing stretchy pants, and making fun of those of us who enjoy watching Hallmark Christmas movies.
'Tis the season that tempts us to eat a ridiculous amount of food, consume an exorbitant number of desserts, drink excessively, spend an unconscionable amount of money on gifts, and experience inordinate amounts of stress over it all! But wait…
There really is much more to this wonderful season. And that starts with family! We have entered the time of the year where we will spend more time together as a family than any other point, and hopefully most of it will be spent relishing the love we share.
We travel near and far to visit with those we see often, those we see only occasionally, and those we maybe haven’t seen in years. We share memories of holidays gone by with all of those we are most grateful for.
Family: fam·i·ly | ˈfam(ə)lē | noun
- A group of one or more parents and their children living together as a unit
- A group of people related to one another by blood or marriage
- All descendants of a common ancestor
- A race or group of peoples from a common stock.
- A group of related things by common characteristics; a closely related series of elements or chemical compounds
- A group of people united by certain convictions or a common affiliation
- A group of people united in criminal activity; a unit of a crime syndicate (Mafia)
We are Family! The Wolfe family to be specific. We are blessed to have been married nearly 48 years. We are parents of two grown sons who brought 2 lovely daughters-in-law and 3 grandchildren into our family unit. We are of common stock, closely related, share many common characteristics, and are united by certain convictions. We are a fun-loving, hard-working, jovial, sarcastic bunch, who are criminally obnoxious about our deep love and commitment to one another. We are family! Together through it all.
Like you, during the holiday season, we share memories, hugs, laughter, a few gifts, and yes, food and beverage as well, but the most important we share with one another is TIME. Our family has traditions that make the holiday season a great season for celebrating each other. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Playing Secret Santa – online fun for the whole family.
- Organizing a Christmas/Holiday movie watch party as a family (in-person or electronically).
- Puzzling – winter scenes are fun and it is great to assemble them as a family. Just leave them on a table and people can work on them as they want (no pressure to finish).
- Playing the Gratitude Game: Use a small bag of M&Ms and a color chart of questions:
TIME is truly the best gift you can give or receive this year. Ask for it and give plenty of as you enjoy this holiday season.
Sing it with me . . . 🎶 We are Family 🎶
Click HERE to learn more about the Wellview services available to you. We can’t wait to work with you!
– Stephanie Wolfe, NBC-HWC
Health Advisor | Email Stephanie